Thursday, May 17, 2018

Heemin Choi, 2018 Nova Scotia Talent Trust Goodwill Ambassador


Heemin Choi, Nova Scotia Talent Trust 2018 Goodwill Ambassador

We'd like to introduce you to one of Nova Scotia’s promising artists: Heemin Choi, the 2018 Talent Trust Goodwill Ambassador.

Heemin is an extraordinary young performer. He began his studies with Halifax violinist Myonghae Yoon at the age of 6. He completed his bachelor’s degree at Dalhousie University’s Fountain School of Performing Arts under international award-winning Philippe Djokic, and is currently a master’s student at Rice University’s Shepherd School of Music in Texas, studying under Paul Kantor, who is one of the most sought-after violin teachers in North America.


Here's how our generous community of donors has made an impact on Heemin.


I am thankful to the Talent Trust and you as contributors. You have played such a vital and integral role throughout the entirety of my life as a musician. It is an honour to be the NSTT Goodwill Ambassador for 2018.


When I received my first scholarship in 2005 I was the youngest Talent Trust scholarship recipient ever. I was so proud.


The scholarship and special awards have opened many tremendous opportunities and life changing experiences. I truly would not be where I am today if it were not for the incredible belief in me as a musician.


By supporting the Talent Trust you helped support my studies in Halifax with Myonghae Yoon, later with Philippe Djokic, and now in Huston with Paul Kantor.


The generosity and kindness of the Talent Trust has always been an inspiration to me, and I will use your support as strength and fuel to do my absolute best.


Thank you so much for your continued generous support and belief in all emerging artists of Nova Scotia.


— Heemin Choi, violinist


2018 Nova Scotia Talent Trust Goodwill Ambassador

2014 Nova Scotia Talent Trust Lieutenant Governor Award
2010 and 2016 Raymond Simpson Award


When you give to the Talent Trust, you’re not just a “patron of the arts”. You’re creating a lasting legacy. We invite you to join our amazing community of donors, who help artists across disciplines hone their skills. Click here to donate now.

No comments:

Post a Comment