Tuesday, April 14, 2015

NSTT's 2015 Goodwill Ambassador announced

The Nova Scotia Talent Trust provides opportunities for emerging artists of all ages to receive scholarships in their formative years in order to pursue their artistic passions. One such talented artist is Lucas Oickle. Lucas was one of 51 recipients of NSTT’s support in 2014, but without wonderful benefactors like you, the NSTT could not be there to help our young talented Nova Scotian artists reach the top of their fields. To truly understand the profound impact we make together on the lives of artists like Lucas, please read Lucas’ story in his own words.
 
My name is Lucas Oickle and I'm an emerging composer originally from the Lucas Oickle, composer Winner of the 2014 NSTT 2011 Canada Games Young Artist of Exellence Award in the amount of $10,000 (supported by the 2011 Canada Games Legacy Fund)Bridgewater area; I received my B.Mus. from Acadia and I'm currently finishing my Master’s in Music Composition at the University of British Columbia. I am very excited to be acting as the 2015 Goodwill Ambassador for the Nova Scotia Talent Trust.

I am so incredibly fortunate to have the support of the NSTT, and that support is all the more significant because it comes from my home province: 2014 has been an incredible year. With the help of the NSTT, I spent two weeks studying Sundanese gamelan music in Indonesia (organized by NS percussionist/composer Ken Shorley), a further two weeks in Shanghai, China, and then another three months in various parts of Japan. Words do little to accurately express how deeply grateful I am for these experiences and for the help I received that made them possible.

I recently finished working on a commission from Montreal which deals with the environmental consequences of a massive land-moving project currently underway in China; and last spring I completed a contemporary arrangement of Farewell to Nova Scotia that connotes new meaning for the words that we all know.

The support of the NSTT allows me to continue to pursue these artistic and aesthetic directions, both financially and as a crucial vote of confidence. I am so thankful for this, and I am always proud to tell everyone about the unwavering support that Nova Scotia has for its artists.

Please consider helping artists like myself by supporting the NSTT's mandate to help tomorrow's artists today. Please donate today by mail or online at www.nstalenttrust.ns.ca

Sincerest regards,
Lucas Oickle
Nova Scotia Talent Trust 2015 Goodwill Ambassador

www.lucasoickle.com 

All donations are fully applied to scholarships or named awards. Tax-deductible donation receipts are issued for all amounts. You can donate online at canadahelps.org or by mail to NSTT, PO Box 575, Halifax, NS, B3J 2R7.

No comments:

Post a Comment