Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Andre Haines: 30 years of contribution to the arts in NS

Photo credit: Chris Green


Congratulations to visual artist and former Talent Trust scholarship recipient Andre Haines for being recognized by the Nova Scotia House of Assembly for over '30 years of contributing to the arts sector in Nova Scotia and helping to teach the next generation of artists and musicians'. What a wonderful achievement! 


About Andre:

In 1985, after attending Mount Allison U, and Acadia U as a student of music (oboe), theatre and fine arts, I received a NSTT scholarship to follow my artistic passions further. I had become more interested in performing in musicals and needed money to go to AMDA in NYC to study with the best in the business. My musical theatre teacher was the first female conductor on Broadway. I spent many years performing, directing and composing for stage, film and television. I taught at Acadia U for 4 years, and the MCPA as well as running my own vocal studio.As time progressed I developed more passion for visual arts and that grew into a parallel career. Now I am a full time painter and continue my artistic journey. NSTT gave me the opportunity to work with brilliant people and set me on a course for a life time working prolifically in the arts.


Want to hear more about the Talent Trust? Please sign up for our newsletter.

Want to support the next generation of Nova Scotian artists? Donate today! (smile)

No comments:

Post a Comment