Friday, May 24, 2019

Charley Young in First You Dream: Celebrating 75 Years of the Nova Scotia Talent Trust


CHARLEY YOUNG: NS TALENT TRUST SCHOLARSHIP 2012


“In 2012, I was the recipient of the Talent Trust’s Lieutenant Governor’s Award and the Charlotte Wilson-Hammond/VANS Award presented by the Nova Scotia Talent Trust. I continue to be honoured by receiving the scholarship which allowed me to pursue my graduate studies at the Maine College of Art in Portland, Maine. 



During this time, I dedicated myself to my studio practice and completed numerous artist-in-residence programs including The Arctic Circle Program which took me to Svalbard, Norway to create some of the work visible in this exhibition. 



Currently, I am Regular Part-Time Faculty at NSCAD University, where I teach printmaking and drawing. I often work with students to build their professional practice and often refer students to the opportunities available through the Talent Trust. I am truly grateful to the NSTT for their support of artists in the early stages of their career.” 

Join us for the Opening Reception on Saturday, May 25 at 2 p.m. at MSVU Art Gallery in Halifax. 





Charley Young was born in Calgary, Alberta and received her BFA from NSCAD University, Halifax, in 2008 and her MFA from Main College of Art in Portland, Maine, in 2014. She is an interdisciplinary artist working primarily with drawing, printmaking, sculpture, and public installation. She has been recognized in Blouin ARTFINO’s top 30 under 30 artists and has received the 2012 Talent Trust Lieutenant Governor’s Award and the 2012 Charlotte Wilson-Hammond/VANS Award presented by the Nova Scotia Talent Trust, among other awards. Charley currently lives in Bedford, Nova Scotia, and has a studio in North End Halifax where she continues her practice. She works as a Regular Part-Time Faculty at NSCAD University, teaching drawing and printmaking.

Want to hear more? Please sign up for our newsletter.

Want to support the next generation of Nova Scotia artists? Donate today! (smile)

No comments:

Post a Comment